I’ve been diligently spending my evening knitting time on my Olympic knitting project, 1 row at a time. I think I have a good handle on the stranding now. I got down to the earflaps last night- another half hour or so and I think I will be done!
My apologies for not so great lighting in these pics- we haven’t seen the sun in weeks.
In retrospect I probably should have picked something a little more difficult, but I really didn’t expect to finish this quickly with it. I have had such a mental block about attempting stranding that I was SURE I would be struggling to finish by the end of the Olympics. I can tell you without a doubt that I wouldn’t have tackled stranding or chart reading without the push of a time limit because I’ve been “going to try” both for several months now and have been too afraid of the techniques.
So after I finish up the hat tonight, I’ll be finishing my EZ 36 stitch mittens, and knitting a bit on the second of the red toe-up socks. I’m at the gusset and we’ll see how much length I can add tonight.
The Candy Cane hat from Handknit Holidays for Ender since he picked it out after seeing the Pixie hat I made for his cousin.